5 Successful Strategies for Bringing New Ideas to Your PTO
Bringing new ideas to your school’s PTO board can feel like a risky and daunting task. Sometimes it’s feels easier, more comfortable, to continue with the status-quo. The phrase “it worked well last year” can sometimes feel like an insurmountable roadblock. But it doesn’t have to be… Here are 5 strategies that can help you to successfully implement fresh new ideas with your PTO:
- Be proactive – Think through your plan ahead of time. Come to the meeting prepared to share your idea.
- Be the solution – Change is hard and many PTO events/programs are deeply personal to their chair persons. Whatever change you are aiming to implement… tread lightly. When describing an area for improvement… share your positive solution.
- Be organized – Have a plan for how your idea will work and what people or resources you will need to make it happen.
- Be concise – Be prepared to succinctly share how your idea will work. When bringing others on board with a new idea using less words and more visuals is most effective.
- Be collaborative – Set a positive “we can do this!” tone with your idea. Great ideas are contagious when they are presented in an inclusive manner.