TOP 5 TIPS FOR CREATING AMAZING CHILDREN’S EVENTS
Putting on any special event requires a lot of time and effort from a planning perspective…throw a “kids” event into the equation and you have a whole new set of parameters to be consider.
Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Keep it short. Children have a very short attention span, so limiting the activities at your event is a must. Keep the scheduled activities to a maximum of 3 -4 different stations or events.
- Keep it simple. Try to limit the amount of activities that require “adult participation”. This gives the parents a break and also allows them to shop or look around while their child is participating in the event.
- Mix it up. Plan a variety of activities for your event. Hands-on crafts, face painting, cookie decorating, coloring stations. All of these events utilize different muscle groups and keep kids moving and interested in the event.
- Make it memorable. Have the children create a craft that they can take home with them. This is an item that triggers a memory of your event every time they see it.
- Have fun! Once all of the planning is done, let yourself enjoy the day. Remember to take time to see the smiling faces of all kids and relax!